BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The grass is always greener...




I live in Southern California. I'm not from here. I come from a little town in Southern Oregon that most people have never heard of, but when my husband and I had our first child we decided to move here because all his family lived here and by a stroke of luck, my sister had recently moved here with her husband as well.

When we first moved here the thing I was most excited about was, NO MORE RAIN. LOL. Five years later, I miss it. Never thought I would, but I really do. Now, I'm sitting here in the beginning of January and its supposed to be seventy five degrees today. The sun is bright and while I know my friends in other areas are green with envy, I'm feeling the same way about them. Who would have thought you could get tired of sunshine? Don't get me wrong, I love it but after a while, you start wanting a little diversity. I want rain, clouds. Am I crazy? LOL. Guess its true what they say. The grass is always greener on the other side.

3 comments:

PG Forte said...

Just wait for the next El Nino. You'll get rain--and lots of it! I promise. :)

Madison Scott said...

That's for sure. The first year we moved here they got TONS of rain. Everyone teased us that we brought the rain with us from Oregon. LOL

Regina Carlysle said...

I know just what you mean. We seldom get rain in west Texas and I see pics or watch movies of the Pacific NW and I'm so envious. It's beautiful. It's hot as hell here nine months out of the year and it gets old pretty damn quick.